PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP
Making Dreams Come True!
Have you ever wanted the beach to be your office? If you have, (and let’s face it, who hasn’t?) then taking the PADI Divemaster certification is the one for you. As a PADI Divemaster the beach and the ocean will be your office for as long as you want them to be, and we guarantee you will never have ‘a case of the Mondays’ at your new work place.
What Is A Divemaster?
A Divemaster is a leader, takes charge of dive activities, and assists Instructors on dive courses. They are also guides, helpers and friends. Divemasters guide certified divers and have the opportunity to show the divers why they come to work in the morning. As a certified PADI Divemaster you can travel and work anywhere in the world. If you consider diving every day work, that is…
About The Course
The PADI Divemaster is the first professional level certification and our Divemaster Internship enables candidates to gain vital experience in the dive industry. Candidates will develop the tools and skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment. Our interns get UNLIMITED diving for the duration of their course with us.
The course can take two weeks to complete, but our internship lasts anywhere from a month upwards and provides knowledge and experiences that are invaluable. Candidates will carry out Divemaster duties, and have the chance to work with a number of instructors to give them a chance to see that there are as many different, yet effective, ways to teach as there are dive instructors. After completing the Divemaster course, many of our candidates choose to become an instructor with us, and we also offer an IDC Internship.
What Will You Learn?
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers.
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills.
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive site setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
The Benefits Of Our Divemaster Internship
The Divemaster Internship at Sierra Madre Divers offers real value for money. Our in-house Course Director overlooks the whole program and you can contact him anytime. Students will receive deals on PADI specialty courses (It is highly useful and recommendable to take PADI Enriched Air Diver, Deep Diver and Search & Recovery Diver specialty courses during your Divemaster Internship), also IDC prep if you are also taking the next step to become an instructor with us. We can also provide help with accommodation during your stay, information on what to see and do when you are not diving (although that might not be very often with your unlimited opportunities!), where to eat (and have a few drinks) and answer any other queries you might have.
Price includes all PADI materials, equipment and diving costs. Excludes PADI Divemaster application fee AUD260, which will be paid directly to PADI via credit card.
Who Can Take The Course?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent level with another diver training organization.
- At least 40 logged dives to enroll in the course and 60 logged dives to complete the course including documented experience in night diving, underwater navigation and deep diving.
- A signed medical statement by a physician within last 12 months stating that you are fit for diving.
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
A World Of Opportunity
When you successfully complete your PADI Divemaster certification (we have faith in you!), you will become a PADI professional, and this will lead to many amazing opportunities. Not only will you be able to travel the world diving, but you will be able to make money while you do it, too.
We often find, and also know from personal experience, that the experience of being a Divemaster makes people want more.
There are literally too many options to count for a PADI Divemaster, but the usual next step is to become an instructor. We offer a wide range of specialities at a discount to our Divemasters, so when they do decide to become instructors they can be speciality instructors. With 5 specialities instructors can then become MSDTs (Master Scuba Diver Trainer). But all that will come in the future, for now you can just enjoy being a PADI Divemaster, and rest assured that everyone at Sierra Madre Divers will be there to answer any questions you have and even give advice if you want some.